In gaming news, there are soft, feature, and column news. If focuses more on the soft news category wherein the subject is not exactly serious in nature. Compared to news of war or political events, gaming news is not that "hard-core" but they are no less important. Gaming news may be the soft news in category but have a hard impact to gamers. Feature news focuses on the fresh gaming companies that are on the rise, as well as new gaming products or techniques to try in a particular game. Lastly, the column news is basically composed of a certain writer personal opinion about a gadget, game or topic relative to the gaming industry.
As you probably know, gamers are very dedicated. They willingly patronize a device or game that is said to be excellent. A particular game that is featured in the gaming news will immediately experience a surge in sales because most die-hard gamers want to give it a shot. If there were no gaming news, these products and games would remain unsold and unnoticed.
Being updated is beneficial to those involved in the gaming industry. Gaming companies, game developers, publishers, distributors and media companies get fresh information from gaming news. Most importantly, fans will be able to know about new tips or tricks in playing a particular game and know which latest gaming gadgets are going to be out in the market or are worth trying.
But the one place to find reliable and up-to-date gaming news is through the Internet. If you are looking for the latest gaming update, there are several gaming news sites and blogs filled with valuable information about the gaming industry. You can also see reviews and even win gaming gears when these sites offer promos and giveaways.
News for gamers is not like typical news that can immediately be seen on television or read in the newspapers. But it is still available periodically. You can find news from magazines that are published monthly or quarterly. The news from this source is in-depth and includes news about the latest games releases and prices of gaming devices, among others. Some updates are sometimes featured on television especially when a company releases a new device or if there is a significant event happening.
As promised by developer Guerrilla Games last week, a new update is now available for Horizon Zero Dawn on PC, with the full patch notes found below. Patch 1.02 follows Friday’s 1.01 release by addressing more of the game’s crashes, performance, and graphical issues.
The patch fixes two specific crashes related to the game’s shader optimisation process. One fixes an issue where some players would crash during the “game optimisation” screen upon launching Horizon Zero Dawn, while another addresses a crash that would occur if you updated your video drivers after the game was already optimised previously.
There are also fixes for crashes that would happen during gameplay due to memory being incorrectly overwritten and a texture unstreaming bug. Aside from this, patch 1.02 introduces a few performance and optimisation fixes as well. Performance has been improved when the game is auto-saving, reducing the likelihood of dropped frames and microstuttering, and character facial animations have been fixed so they’re not out of sync when running the game above 30fps.
Horizon Zero Dawn PC 1.02 Full Patch Notes
- Some players are experiencing an out of memory error during the game optimization process.
- Some players are experiencing GPU-related hangs during gameplay. The improved diagnostic data collection added in Patch 1.01 and Patch 1.02 is aimed at making it easier to track these down.
- Some players are experiencing graphical settings issues, such as Anisotropic Filtering or HDR not working correctly.
- Some players are experiencing performance issues on specific GPUs or hardware combinations.
- Some players with a non-Latin-1 codepage may have had their save games missing after Patch 1.01, we have a script that can help relocate the missing save games. Please reach out to our team here using “Report Other Issue” for support.
- We’re aware of and continue to investigate issues on both the player-compiled lists by u/EvilMonkeySlayer and u/Rampage572 – thank you!
- Fixed an issue where some players would crash during their first game boot when the “game optimization” screen is active and they ran out of disc space.
- Fixed an issue where some players would crash if they updated their video drivers after the game was already optimized previously.
- Fixed an issue where some players would crash during gameplay because of memory incorrectly being overwritten.
- Fixed an issue where some players would crash during gameplay due to a texture unstreaming bug.
- Improved performance when auto-saving (e.g. when completing a quest step).
- Fixed an issue where some players experienced that V-sync wouldn’t properly turn off in borderless mode
- Fixed an issue where some players experienced out of sync facial animations due to them being locked at 30FPS.
- Reduced memory used when streaming shaders.
- Improved crash report flow and messaging. Each crash now includes an identifier you can use to communicate with our Customer Support.
- Added more features to improve diagnostic data collection when submitting a crash report.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.